Step 1: Login
Access the TOEFL online registration webpage from www.ets.org/toefl/ibt/register. New users click the “Sign Up” link to create your profile. (A new user is anyone who has not created a profile in the TOEFL Internet-based test (iBT) registration system, either online or through a call service representative). Where is it accepted?
Returning users PROCEED TO STEP 4 in this guide.
Step 2: Create a profile
Part 1 Complete all of the required sections highlighted with an asterisk (*). The information you provide will be kept completely confidential.The spelling of your name must exactly match the name printed on the VALID PASSPORT you will present at the center.
Part 2 Provide Additional Background. kindly fill all required details.
Part 3 Accept the terms and conditions. Select YES, and enter your email address to continue.
Part 4 Create your user Name and Pasword
Part 5 Confirm your profile. A confirmation page will appear displaying all of the information you submitted. Be sure that the spelling of your name exactly matches the name printed on the identification document(s) you will present at the test center. If this information does not match, you will not be permitted to test and your test fee will be forfeited. After you create your profile, you will reach “My Home Page”
Log in with your user name and password and then click “Go.”
Access your home page After you log in, you will reach “My Home Page” where you can:
- view your order to find the address and reporting time of the test center where you are registered to test
- register for a test
- order score report services
- view past scores and orders
- update the information in your profile
Under “My Tests,” click the “Register for a Test”.
To register, click “TOEFL Test” and then the “Continue” button. If you want to purchase more score reports (those in addition to the four FREE score reports you get when you register for a test), select “TOEFL Services.”
Read the overview page carefully. To continue, click the “I Agree” and press the Continue .
Select a Test Center Location
Select Test Dates View the available test dates/ test centers by selecting a date range (60 days maximum) in the “Start” and “End” date boxes. Then, click the “Search” button.
Select a preferred test center by clicking on its link. If you are looking for different centers, try picking a different date. Read the overview page carefully. To continue, click the “I Agree” and press the Continue
Confirm your registration
A Reservation Summary page appears. If the information is correct, click the “Continue” button. If incorrect, click the “Cancel” button to perform another search. NOTE: Your reservation is not confirmed until you pay for the test.
Enter your passport number and continue
Score Reporting Preferences Choose how you want to receive your scores and click “Continue
Select your score recipients
Answer demographic questions
Add Abroad consult Agent Code which is IND1004101
TOEFL Search Service Clikc on Yes to continue To make a credit card payment, fill in all *required information. Note: JCB credit cards do not use a secure credit ID number.
TOEFL Value Pack Select to purchase value packs or skip if not required
Confirm your order
Review your registration information for accuracy, and click the “Confirm Order” button. To change any information, click the “Modify” link. To cancel your registration, click the “Cancel” button.
Make your payment Choose your payment method and click the “Continue” button.
Step 21: Payment
Make the payment using VISA CREDIT CARD ONLY
Step 22: Electronic check payment
Enter the *required information to pay by electronic check. After you submit your credit card information, a screen will appear showing that your order has been paid.
Don’t forget to:
- Access the free TOEFL iBT Sampler
- Use the practice tests on TOEFL Practice Online
- Print your order receipt if you want confirmation of payment.
- The registration confirmation contains the time the test will be given and the exact test center address.
After you are registered, you will receive an email which has a web link where you can click and access your account. It also has username.
Your TOEFL account allows you to:
- Register for the TOEFL iBT test 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Buy a TOEFL Value Pack
- View scores online
- Order score reports
- Reschedule or cancel your registration
- Update contact information
- Give mock exams
Results are declared within 12 – 15 working days.
How to Pay?
TOEFL iBT fees vary from country to country. In India it costs, $180. Following forms of payment are accepted:
1.Credit/debit card — American Express®, Discover®, JCB®, MasterCard® or VISA®.
Note: American Express, Discover, JCB, MasterCard and e-checks are not accepted for the following locations: Benin, Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria and Togo. Only VISA cards are accepted for those locations.
Note: When you select credit/debit card as your payment method, you have the option to pay in select local currencies instead of U.S. dollars. You can change your selection at any time before your click “Submit” to process your payment. The system will display available local currencies and the credit card types supported for each.
2. Electronic check (e-check) — drawn on a bank in the United States or its territories, in U.S. dollars only. E-checks can be used to register online or by phone.
Please provide the following information from the bottom of your paper check:
- bank account number
- ABA/bank routing and transit number
3.PayPal® account — payment can be made via PayPal
4.Paper check or money order — must be in U.S. dollars and made payable to ETS-TOEFL.
The following information must be preprinted on the check:
- bank name
- bank address
- check or money order number
- payer’s name and address
- Typewritten payer name and address, in place of signature, is not acceptable.
5.Western Union Quick Pay℠ — for mail registration only. When you complete the form, use the following under “Pay To:” Company Name: Educational Testing Service; City Code: TOEFLPROGRAMNJ; Country: U.S.A. You must send the original receipt marked “Agency’s Copy” with your form. Copies, facsimiles or receipts marked “Customer’s Copy” will not be accepted.
To receive a refund, you need to cancel your registration by the deadline (4 days before your test date). For example, if your test is on Saturday, you must cancel by Tuesday.
Refunds are in U.S. dollars for half of the original test fee paid. The balance is retained to cover expenses for processing your registration and holding a seat for you at the test center.
- Cash refunds are not available.
- Refunds will not be given if registration procedures were not followed or you failed to present the required identification documents at the test center.
- If you paid by credit/debit card or e-check, the refund will be credited back to the original credit/debit card or bank account.
- If payment was made with a personal check drawn on a U.S. domestic bank, please allow 8 weeks for processing.
- If payment was made in non-U.S. funds drawn on a bank outside the United States, please allow 12 weeks for processing.
- Refunds are not available for other services.
The candidate should have the following details at hand:
The ID requirement varies from country to country. In India, Passport is a mandatory requirement.
- Address (include country)
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Test date
- Registration number (if you have one)
- What to Bring on Test Day
- Valid Passport
- Secondary ID proof
- Email confirmation of Test
- NO PHOTOCOPIES ARE ACCEPTABLE
- All details should match as per the document
- Locker facilities are available at the test centers to keep the test taker’s belongings.
- If the information does not match, or there is any discrepancy the candidate will not be allowed to give the exam.