To name a few government and private scholarships
- The Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship
- The Civil Leadership Awards
- The Fulbright Commission
- The American Association of University Women
- The Next Gen Scholarship
- The P.E.O. International Peace scholarship
The various types of visas available for international students to study in USA are Study VISA F and M: for academic and vocational studies Exchange Visitor VISA J: for participation in an approved exchange program.
STEPS TO OBTAIN A STUDENT VISA (F1)
- After receiving an admission from the university or school, Request the I-20 to the school.
- Within 90 days of the start date as mentioned on the I-20, book a VISA appointment.
- To book a VISA appointment fill the DS-160 form (US travel docs) on the basis of the information on your I-20. (SEVIS)
- Generate the MRV fee receipt which is your VISA fees to be paid to the Consulate.
- Pay the VISA fees of $160 as per your MRV fee receipt.
- Within 8-48 hours the portal will activate your VISA appointment calendar.
- You will first need to book the OFC(Biometric) appointment and then the actual VISA interview date. Both should be booked in one go.
- Confirm the date and email the appointment confirmation letter to yourself as you need to carry the print on your OFC as well as interview appointment.
USA – Documents for OFC Appointment
- DS-160 Confirmation Page
- Visa Appointment Letter
- SEVIS Fee Receipt & $160 VISA Fee Receipt
- I-20 & Passport (Original & one photocopy)
Additional Checklist of Documents to carry for VISA Interview
- Passport (Proof of identity)
- VISA Interview letter and VISA Fee receipt ($160)
- Copy of SEVIS Fee Payment Receipt ($200)
Proof of acceptance
- I-20 (Student’s copy which is your proof of acceptance)
- Admission Letter / Offer Letter from University
- Correspondence with University (If available)
Proof of financial capability
- Affidavit of Support (If Applicable) & Consolidated Financial Statement
- IT returns- Sponsors (Last 3 years)
- Bank Balance Letter and Passbooks
- All Investment Documents
- Movable Assets Valuation Report (Jewellery)
- Immovable Assets Valuation Report (Property)
- Agreement/Deed, Share Certificate, Maintenance Receipts
Proof of eligibility
- Academic Documents & Transcripts
- GRE / TOEFL Scores Reports
- Resume & SOP
- Extra-Curricular Achievements Certificate
- Work Experience Letter / Offer Letter
- Driving License
- Passport Copies and any other Miscellaneous Documents.