- World Renowned Education:Degrees from Universities in New Zealand are well renowned and accepted worldwide.
- Varied Courses and institutes:A number of courses and certification in varied subjects and fields. You can choose from 8 funded Public Universities or 600 registered Private Training Establishments (PTEs). New Zealand also has 18 Institutes of Technology and Polytechnics (ITPs) providing professional and vocational education
- Safe and beautiful country:New Zealand provides a highly safe environment conducive to learning and it is also blessed with nature’s bounty.
- Research Intensive and Balanced Learning:The education system and curriculum have a research focus providing a balanced approach for theoretical as well as practical learning outcome.
- Excellent Education System:The smaller classes guarantee individual attention and hence better standard of education.
- Varied Academic Intakes:Many Institutes provide 2 intakes in January and July. But there are some that provide multiple intakes in September and November thus providing students the flexibility to start their education.
- Affordable Study:The fees vary according to the courses and institutions. But mostly it varies in the range NZD 18,000 and NZD 32,000 a year for undergraduate study.
- Work while you study:The students on study visa can work up to 20 hours a week and full time during vacations. The adult minimum wage is NZ$13.
- Post-study Work and Stay:The New Zealand Immigration policy allows you to work after successfully completing education in New Zealand which makes it also possible to apply for permanent residence.
You need a student VISA to study in New Zealand if your course duration is more than three months. For courses less than 3 months a visitors Visa can do.
For a student you would require
- Offer Letter: From an educational institute approved by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority.
- Evidence of sufficient funds: You would need a proof stating that you have sufficient funds to cover your living expenses during the course of study and a return air ticket
- Guarantee of accommodation for students below 18 years showing that a relevant accommodation is available for you in New Zealand.
- Health Insurance
- A police or character certificate for students over 17 years of age.
- Proof of English Proficiency: An IELTS, TOEFL or PTE score to prove your English Proficiency or any other pre-requisites as mentioned in the course requirements.
You can check the requirements and process on New Zealand Immigration website https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas/apply-for-a-visa/visa-factsheet/full-fee-paying-student-visa#process
You need to apply at least 2-3 months prior to your commencement as it may take up to 5 weeks.
This VISA allows you to work for up to 20 hours a week part time while you are studying and work full time during holidays.