- Here is information about some of the major scholarships programs available for international students:
- Australia Awards – To promote knowledge, education links, and enduring ties between Australia and the neighbours this program brings together scholarships offered by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFAT), the Department of Education and the Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research (ACIAR)
- Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP)
- Australia APEC Women in Research Fellowship aims to support women’s economic empowerment in the APEC region and raise the profile of female role models in science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
Compared to the other leading international education destination, Australian Education is less expensive while it maintains good standards of education.
Following is the range of tuition costs that could be incurred. The medical study will be slightly higher than costs given below.
- Vocational Education and Training (Certificates I to IV, Diploma and Advanced Diploma) – $4,000 to $22,000
- Undergraduate Bachelor Degree – $15,000 to $33,000*
- Postgraduate Masters Degree – $20,000 to $37,000*
- Doctoral Degree – $14,000 to $37,000*
The living costs vary as per your choice of accommodation and lifestyle.
An accommodation on the university campus might cost between AUD 90 to AUD 280 per week. While a shared apartment rent might cost AUD 165 to AUD 440 per month
Thus in total the cost of living could vary between AUD 10,000 to AUD 20,000 depending on the type and location of accommodation
To study in Australia the international students require a student visa (Subclass 500) The students are required to meet the Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) requirement justifying the genuineness of their intention to study and not seeking permanent residency. The students should apply for VISA at least 12 weeks before their orientation. For all the other student visa category information check the steps on the home affairs website of Australia. The Cost of the subclass visas for students is AUD575.
Valid Passport as proof of identity
Academic and Professional documents which would include marks sheet, transcripts and any additional certificates.
Enrolment: To show as your proof of acceptance and enrolment you would need an electronic copy of Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) for each intended course of study with your visa application.
English Proficiency: You need to provide an evidence of your English Language Proficiency which could be your score card of the IELTS, TOEFL or PTE which are English language tests satisfying the score requirement for your course.
Financial Capability: Documents to prove that you have sufficient funds to cover your course fees, travel expenses and living costs for you and any accompanying family members.
Health Insurance: You must undergo health assessments and should have a certificate to prove sound health. Check the complete health requirements here.
Passport size photographs.
Character: You will require to answer few questions to verify your good character on the visa application form. You might also require to provide a character certificate from the police. Check the requirements here.
- Create an account an ImmiAccount
- Fill up the application online and upload the required documents. Find out the checklist of documents for your visa subclass.
- You must make payment of the application fee when you apply or your application will not be valid.
- After you have applied, any additional documentation you need to submit should be uploaded into ImmiAccount.
- A Transaction Reference Number (TRN) is a unique number assigned to each online application. You will need this to track and manage your application